- Handicraft is defined as skills done with the hands or an occupation or craft done using the hands.
An example of a handicraft is embroidery.
Embroidery is a handicraft.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- expertness with the hands; manual skill
- an occupation or art calling for skillful use of the hands, as weaving, pottery, etc.
- work done or articles made by manual skills
Origin: Middle English handiecrafte, altered (infl. by handiwerk, handiwork) from handcrafte from Old English handcræft
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Skill and facility with the hands.
- A craft or occupation requiring skilled use of the hands.
- An object that is crafted by skilled hands.
Origin: Middle English handecraft, from Old English handcrǽft : hand, hand + crǽft, craft.