Embroidery is a handicraft.
Handicraft is defined as skills done with the hands or an occupation or craft done using the hands.
An example of a handicraft is embroidery.
- expertness with the hands; manual skill
- an occupation or art calling for skillful use of the hands, as weaving, pottery, etc.
- work done or articles made by manual skills
Origin of handicraftMiddle English handiecrafte, altered (infl. by handiwerk, handiwork) from handcrafte from Old English handcræft
- Skill and facility with the hands.
- A craft or occupation requiring skilled use of the hands.
- An object that is crafted by skilled hands.
Origin of handicraftMiddle English handecraft from Old English handcræft hand hand cræft craft
- A trade requiring skill of hand; manual occupation; handcraft. - Joseph Addison
- (rare) A man who earns his living by handicraft; a handicraftsman. - John Dryden