- the moon in its first or last quarter phase
- anything shaped like a half-moon or crescent
- The moon when only half its disk is illuminated.
- Something that is shaped like a half circle or a crescent, such as the lunula of a fingernail.
half- +"Ž moon
- Start by baking a round cake for the head; if you need more of an oval shape, you can wait for the cake to cool and then use a serrated knife to make a curved cut, producing a half-moon shape.
- This is affected by applying a heavy coat of plaster on the wall and moving your trowel in a semi-circular motion across the wall, leaving irregular half-moon shapes.
- The backside of a tanga has a more generous cut than a thong or G-string, but it still reveals about a half-moon of cheek beyond the fabric's edge.
- First made popular by the glamorous movie stars of the 1930s, the half-moon or 'reverse French manicure' has made a comeback in recent years.
- In some cases, you may see a half-moon shape with the rounded part at the top, but these are becoming less popular.