half bloodhalf blood
- kinship through one parent only: sisters of the half blood
- a person related to another through one parent only
- ⌂ half-breed: generally regarded as an offensive term
- ⌂ Animal Husbandry an animal with one parent of poor pedigree in contrast to that of the other
Origin of half-bloodbased on the obsolete notion that blood is the medium of heredity
of or having to do with a half-blood
- a. The relationship existing between persons having only one parent in common.b. A person existing in such a relationship.
- Often Offensive A person of mixed racial descent, especially a person of Native American and white parentage.
- A half-blooded domestic animal.
(plural half bloods)
(comparative more half-blood, superlative most half-blood)
- Related by sharing descent from one parent.