- Historical a line, cord, etc. made of hair
- a very thin line
- a very thin stripe
- cloth patterned with such stripes
- a very narrow margin or degree of difference
- the outline of the hair on the head, esp. of the hair above the forehead
- Printing a very thin stroke on a typeface or impression
of or characterized by a tiny crack or small difference
- The outline of the growth of hair on the head, especially across the upper forehead and temples.
- A very slender line.
- Printing a. A very fine line on a typeface.b. A style of type using such lines.
- a. A textile design having thin, threadlike stripes.b. A fabric with such stripes.