- Historical a line, cord, etc. made of hair
- a very thin line
- a very thin stripe
- cloth patterned with such stripes
- a very narrow margin or degree of difference
- the outline of the hair on the head, esp. of the hair above the forehead
- Printing a very thin stroke on a typeface or impression
of or characterized by a tiny crack or small difference
- The outline of the growth of hair on the head, especially across the upper forehead and temples.
- A very slender line.
- Printing a. A very fine line on a typeface.b. A style of type using such lines.
- a. A textile design having thin, threadlike stripes.b. A fabric with such stripes.
- Cropped styles are usually only an inch or two in length with most of the hair being the same length, but they can be personalized with a longer fringe around the face or left a little longer in the back to add softness to your hairline.
- The pattern of gray hair also varies greatly: some people first develop gray strands around the temples and hairline, while other individuals will have either uniform color changes or even streaks similar to artificial highlights.
- During a physical examination, the doctor looks for underdeveloped breasts and genitalia, webbed neck, short stature, low hairline in back, simian crease (a single crease in the palm), and abnormal development of the chest.
- The classic baldness pattern begins with a receding hairline forming a characteristic "M" shape with a peak reaching down the forehead, combined with a thinning crown or bald spot at the top and back of the head.
- Be sure to compare them to your face shape and hair color as well, since eyebrows are part of the entire face and need to work in concert with other features, including the nose, lips, cheekbones, and hairline.