- Historical a line, cord, etc. made of hair
- a very thin line
- a very thin stripe
- cloth patterned with such stripes
- a very narrow margin or degree of difference
- the outline of the hair on the head, esp. of the hair above the forehead
- Printing a very thin stroke on a typeface or impression
of or characterized by a tiny crack or small difference
- The outline of the growth of hair on the head, especially across the upper forehead and temples.
- A very slender line.
- Printing a. A very fine line on a typeface.b. A style of type using such lines.
- a. A textile design having thin, threadlike stripes.b. A fabric with such stripes.
hairline - Medical Definition
The outline of the growth of hair on the head, especially across the upper forehead and temples.
- Be sure to compare them to your face shape and hair color as well, since eyebrows are part of the entire face and need to work in concert with other features, including the nose, lips, cheekbones, and hairline.
- During the surgery, the doctors will cut through the abdominal wall usually in a small horizontal line near the pubic hairline so that it will be barely visible after it heals.
- The lace does not hide the knots, but the knots at the front of the hairline are light, and they can be bleached to give the illusion that the hairs are growing from the scalp.
- Apply foundation: Using a makeup sponge, liberally apply a liquid or powder foundation and extend the coverage to the hairline and down the neck to ensure an even complexion.
- Whether a man chooses to slow, avoid, or embrace his receding hairline, understanding the condition is the first step toward accepting it as a part of his life and style.