forehead[fôr′ed′, -hed′; fär′-; -id]
A man wrinkling his forehead.
- The forehead is defined as the upper part of the face above the eyebrows and below the hair line.
The part of your face above your eyebrows that hurts when you get a headache is an example of your forehead.
- the part of the face between the eyebrows and the line where the hair normally begins
- Old Poet. the front part of anything
Origin of foreheadMiddle English forhed ; from Old English forheafod: see fore- and amp; head
- The part of the face between the eyebrows, the normal hairline, and the temples.
- The front part of something.
Origin of foreheadMiddle English forhed, from Old English forhēafod : for-, fore- + hēafod, head; see head .
From Old English forhēafod, corresponding to fore- + head.