- an open grating of wrought iron, bronze, wood, etc., forming a screen to a door, window, or other opening, or used as a divider
- a grating or screen at the front of a motor vehicle, that allows air to pass through to the radiator
- alt. sp. of grill (noun)
- Court Tennis a square opening high on the back wall of the court on the hazard side
Origin of grilleFrench from Old French graïlle from Classical Latin craticula: see griddle
- A grating of metal, wood, or another material used as a screen, divider, barrier, or decorative element, as in a window or on the front end of an automobile.
- An opening covered with a grating.
Origin of grilleFrench from Old French greille ; see grill .
top: at a window
bottom: on a 1956 Austin Healey
- Alternative form of grill (rack, vehicle cover, etc.)