grammatical[grə mat′i kəl]
- The definition of grammatical is anything that has to do with sentences, punctuation, or the correct ways to write or speak a language.
An example of something grammatical is a class on English creative writing.
- of, relating to, or according to grammar
- conforming to the rules of grammar
Origin of grammaticalLate Latin grammaticalis ; from Classical Latin grammatica: see grammar
- Of or relating to grammar.
- Conforming to the rules of grammar: a grammatical sentence.
Origin of grammaticalLate Latin grammaticālis, from Latin grammaticus, from Greek grammatikos, of letters; see grammar.
(comparative more grammatical, superlative most grammatical)
- (acceptable): ungrammatical