- The definition of grammatical is anything that has to do with sentences, punctuation, or the correct ways to write or speak a language.
An example of something grammatical is a class on English creative writing.
- of, relating to, or according to grammar
- conforming to the rules of grammar
Origin: LL grammaticalis from Classical Latin grammatica: see grammar
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Of or relating to grammar.
- Conforming to the rules of grammar: a grammatical sentence.
Origin: Late Latin grammaticālis, from Latin grammaticus, from Greek grammatikos, of letters; see grammar.
- gram·matˌi·calˈi·ty noun
- gram·matˈi·cal·ly adverb