- The definition of grammatical is anything that has to do with sentences, punctuation, or the correct ways to write or speak a language.
An example of something grammatical is a class on English creative writing.
grammatical definition by Webster's New World
- of, relating to, or according to grammar
- conforming to the rules of grammar
Origin: Late Latin grammaticalis ; from Classical Latin grammatica: see grammar
grammatical definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of or relating to grammar.
- Conforming to the rules of grammar: a grammatical sentence.
Origin: Late Latin grammaticālis, from Latin grammaticus, from Greek grammatikos, of letters; see grammar.
- gram·matˌi·calˈi·ty noun
- gram·matˈi·cal·ly adverb