A glider in flight.
glider definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a person or thing that glides
- a heavier-than-air aircraft without an engine, using airflow to produce free flight
- ☆ a porch seat suspended in a frame so that it can glide or swing back and forth
glider definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A light engineless aircraft designed to glide after being towed aloft or launched from a catapult.
- A swinging couch suspended from a vertical frame.
- A device that aids gliding.