- a person or thing that glides
- a heavier-than-air aircraft without an engine, using airflow to produce free flight
- a porch seat suspended in a frame so that it can glide or swing back and forth
- A light engineless aircraft designed to glide after being towed aloft or launched from a catapult.
- A swinging sofa, bench, or chair suspended from a vertical frame.
- A device that aids gliding.
- Any of several arboreal marsupials that glide through the air by extending large folds of skin on the sides of the body between the forelegs and the hind legs, especially a flying phalanger.
- Any heavier-than-air aircraft optimised for unpowered flight; a sailplane.
- A pilot of glider aircraft.
- Anything that glides, especially an animal or aircraft.
- (mathematics) In the Game of Life cellular automaton, a particular configuration of five cells that recurs periodically at fixed offsets and appears to "walk" across the grid.
- A kind of garden swing.
glide + -er