Britans King George VI.
King of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (1936–1952) and emperor of India (1936–1947). He acceded to the throne when his brother Edward VIII abdicated, and won enormous popularity by his dedication to his duties, especially during World War II.
- The regnal name of the person who was king of the United Kingdom from 1936 to 1952
- 1995 Vernon Bogdanor, "The monarchy and the constitution"
- 2002 Chris Wrigley, "Winston Churchill: a biographical companion"
- When Churchill succeeded Neville Chamberlain as prime minister, George VI was not enthusiastic.
- 2006 Mike Huggins, Jack Williams, "Sport and the English, 1918-1939"