George VIGeorge VI
King of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (1936-1952) and emperor of India (1936-1947). He acceded to the throne when his brother Edward VIII abdicated, and won enormous popularity by his dedication to his duties, especially during World War II.
- The regnal name of the person who was king of the United Kingdom from 1936 to 1952
- 1995 Vernon Bogdanor, "The monarchy and the constitution"
- 2002 Chris Wrigley, "Winston Churchill: a biographical companion"
- When Churchill succeeded Neville Chamberlain as prime minister, George VI was not enthusiastic.
- 2006 Mike Huggins, Jack Williams, "Sport and the English, 1918-1939"