- seaport & capital of Guyana, on the Atlantic: pop. 150,000
- section of Washington, D.C.
- Penang (the seaport)also George Town
- also George Town The capital of the Cayman Islands, on Grand Cayman in the West Indies west of Jamaica. It is an international banking center.
- The capital and largest city of Guyana, in the northern part of the country on the Atlantic Ocean. Founded by the British in 1781, it was called Stabroek while it was controlled by the Dutch and was renamed Georgetown in 1812.
- A section of western Washington, DC, on the Potomac River. One of the original towns of the District of Columbia, it is known for its fashionable old houses and for Georgetown University (established 1789).