- Archaic the position in front or above; advantage
- the part of a horse in front of the rider
- a kind of stroke, as in tennis, made with the arm extended and the palm of the hand turned forward
- Obsolete done or given earlier
- foremost; front
- done or performed as or with a forehand
with a forehand
- Made with the palm of the dominant hand facing forward: a forehand tennis stroke.
- Obsolete Taking place, done, or given beforehand; prior.
- a. A forehand stroke or shot, as in tennis.b. A position for controlling a ball or puck, in which the palm of the dominant hand faces forward: had the puck on his forehand when he shot.
- The part of a horse in front of the rider.
With a forehand stroke or motion.
Jelena Jankovic of Serbia preparing for the 2009 Australian Open
- (racket sports) A stroke in which the palm of the hand faces the direction of the stroke
- (disc sports) A throw similar to a sidearm throw in baseball, where the disc remains on the throwing-arm side of the body and is led by the middle finger
- All of the part of a horse which is before the rider.
- The chief or most important part.
- Superiority; advantage; start; precedence.