Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- Archaic the position in front or above; advantage
- the part of a horse in front of the rider
- a kind of stroke, as in tennis, made with the arm extended and the palm of the hand turned forward
- Obsolete done or given earlier
- foremost; front
- done or performed as or with a forehand
with a forehand
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Made or done with the hand moving palm forward: a forehand tennis stroke.
- Obsolete Taking place, done, or given beforehand; prior.
- A forehand stroke, as in tennis.
- The part of a horse in front of the rider.
With a forehand stroke or motion.