- of or having gas in the stomach or intestines
- producing gas in the stomach or intestines, as certain foods
- windy or empty in speech; pompous; pretentious
Origin of flatulentFrench ; from Modern Latin flatulentus ; from Classical Latin flatus: see flatus
- Of, afflicted with, or caused by flatulence.
- Inducing or generating flatulence.
- Pompous; bloated.
Origin of flatulentFrench, from Latin fl&amacron;tus, fart; see flatus.
(comparative more flatulent, superlative most flatulent)
From Middle French flatulent