flatulent definition by Webster's New World
- of or having gas in the stomach or intestines
- producing gas in the stomach or intestines, as certain foods
- windy or empty in speech; pompous; pretentious
Origin: French ; from Modern Latin flatulentus ; from Classical Latin flatus: see flatus
flatulent definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of, afflicted with, or caused by flatulence.
- Inducing or generating flatulence.
- Pompous; bloated.
Origin: French, from Latin flātus, fart; see flatus.
- flatˈu·lent·ly adverb