flashlight definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- ☆ a portable electric light, usually operated by batteries
- a light that shines in flashes, used for signaling, as in lighthouses, airplane beacons, etc.in nautical usage, usually flashing light
- a brief, dazzling light for taking photographs at night or indoors
flashlight definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A small portable lamp usually powered by batteries.
- A brief brilliant flood of light from a photographic lamp.
- A bright light, as of a signal lamp, that flashes at regular intervals.