- Fatherhood is defined as the state of having one or more children.
Having a son and spending time with your son, taking him to games and getting to know him, is an example of fatherhood.
fatherhood definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the state of being a father; paternity
- the qualities or character of a father
- fathers collectively
Origin: Middle English faderhod: see -hood
fatherhood definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The state of being a father.
- The qualities of a father.
- Fathers considered as a group.