- Fatherhood is defined as the state of having one or more children.
Having a son and spending time with your son, taking him to games and getting to know him, is an example of fatherhood.
Enjoying fatherhood.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- the state of being a father; paternity
- the qualities or character of a father
- fathers collectively
Origin: Middle English faderhod: see -hood
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The state of being a father.
- The qualities of a father.
- Fathers considered as a group.