- the state of being a father; fatherhood
- male parentage; paternal origin
- origin or authorship in general
Origin of paternityOld French paternité ; from Late Latin paternitas ; from Classical Latin paternus, paternal ; from pater, father
- The state of being a father; fatherhood.
- Descent on a father's side; paternal descent.
- Authorship; origin.
Relating to or involving the identification of a person's biological father: a paternity suit.
Origin of paternityMiddle English paternite, from Old French, from Late Latin paternit&amacron;s, from Latin paternus, paternal; see paternal.
(countable and uncountable, plural paternities)
paternity - Legal Definition
Fatherhood, the relationship of father to a child.