- the state of being a father; fatherhood
- male parentage; paternal origin
- origin or authorship in general
Origin of paternityOld French paternité from Late Latin paternitas from Classical Latin paternus, paternal from pater, father
- The state of being a father; fatherhood.
- Descent on a father's side; paternal descent.
- Authorship; origin.
Relating to or involving the identification of a person's biological father: a paternity suit.
Origin of paternityMiddle English paternite from Old French from Late Latin paternitās from Latin paternus paternal ; see paternal .
(countable and uncountable, plural paternities)
paternity - Legal Definition
Fatherhood, the relationship of father to a child.