Variant of fashion
- the make, form, or shape of a thing
- Now Rare kind; sort
- the way in which something is made or done; manner
- the current style or mode of dress, speech, conduct, etc.
- something, esp. a garment, in the current style
- fashionable people as a group: a man of fashion
Origin: Middle English fasoun ; from Old French faceon ; from Classical Latin factio, a making: see faction
- to make in a certain way; give a certain form to; shape; mold
- to fit; accommodate (to): music fashioned to our taste
- Obsolete to think up; contrive
- fashioner noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.