- in a manner that is or that has become famous or notorious
- in words that have become famous: as Patrick Henry famously said, “Give me liberty, or give me death!”
- excellently; very well: they got along famously
- In a way or to an extent that is well known: an executive who is famously late for meetings.
- With the result of becoming famous: “Frost had famously declared that poetry is what gets lost in translation” (David Lehman).
- Excellently; splendidly: We got along famously.
(comparative more famously, superlative most famously)
From famous + -ly.