- a navigable channel in a river, harbor, etc.; often, specif., the middle of such a channel
- the mowed part of a golf course between a tee and a green
- A stretch of ground free of obstacles to movement.
- Sports The part of a golf course covered with short grass and extending from the tee to the putting green.
- Nautical a. A navigable deep-water channel in a river or harbor or along a coastline.b. The usual course taken by vessels through a harbor or coastal waters.
- (golf) the area between the tee and the green, where the grass is cut short
- any tract of land free from obstacles
- (Military) A channel either from offshore, in a river, or in a harbor that has enough depth to accommodate the draft of large vessels.(JP 4-01.6)
- (nautical) a navigable channel in a harbour, offshore etc; the usual course taken by vessels in such places.