An example of the usage of etc. is in the sentence, "Please purchase some fruit such as apples, oranges, etc.," which means "Please purchase some fruit such as apples, oranges and more."
/etc - Computer Definition
The directory on UNIX in which most of the configuration information is kept.
See Also: UNIX.
- PT: There are several materials from which the contact lenses are made, such as RGP(rigid gas permeable), SH(silicone hydro-gel), soft contact lenses, etc. Dry eyes can occur by wearing contact lenses or by wearing the wrong contact lenses.
- In other words, twins may really have the capability to know what the other is thinking and whether the other is feeling any pain, sadness, etc. On the physical side, twins sometimes have other commonalities, such as missing the same tooth.
- Tim was sent to the grocery store to pick up some basic items (milk, bread, eggs, etc.) for his wife.
- The stone knives, arrowheads, celts, hoe-blades, hammers, nails, awls, etc., associated with this pottery are of kinds which though simple and often crude in type are nevertheless not early, but date from the transition period to the age of metal and the earliest centuries of the latter period.
- The summer camp offers many outdoor activities for kids such as fishing, hiking, canoeing, etc.