- a person or thing that dusts
- a brush or cloth for removing dust from furniture, etc.
- a device for sprinkling on a powder, as for applying an insecticide
- a lightweight coat worn to protect the clothes from dust, as formerly in open automobiles
- a short, loose, lightweight housecoat
- One that dusts, especially:a. A cloth or brush used to remove dust.b. A device for sifting or scattering a powdered substance.
- a. A smock worn to protect one's clothing from dust.b. A full-length coat, often slit up the back to the knees or waist, serving a similar purpose.
- a. A loose dress-length housecoat.b. A light, loose, usually three-quarter-length top, often worn over a blouse or as part of a set with pants.
- An object, now especially a cloth, used for dusting surfaces etc.
- Someone who dusts.
- A light, loose-fitting long coat.
- (paper-making) A revolving wire-cloth cylinder which removes the dust from rags, etc.
- (milling) A blowing-machine for separating the flour from the bran.
- (oil and gas) A dry drill hole, one that does not produce oil or gas.
OriginSee also: düster
dust + -er