Origin of ducklingduck + -ling
A young duck.
- A young duck.
From Late Middle English duckling, dookelyng (“duckling”), from duk, doke (“duck”) + -ling.
- Ripa, a former cheerleader, was urged to pursue an acting career by her manager, Cathy Parker, after a performance in her high school senior play, The Ugly Duckling.
- She's All That: When ugly duckling Laney is the subject of a bet between popular Zach and his friends, high school happens at rapid speed.
- Three average pets, Linny the Guinea Pig, Ming-Ming Duckling, and Turtle Tuck, travel around the world helping animals in trouble.
- Despite her "ugly duckling" status, Longoria went on to be crowned Miss Corpus Christi 1998 while she was attending college.
- She eventually gradually emerges as a beautiful woman by the series end, like the ugly duckling transforming into the swan.