- a substance added to paint, varnish, etc. to make it dry fast
- One that dries.
- A substance added to paint, varnish, or ink to speed drying.
- One who, or that which, dries; a desiccative.
- The sun and a northwesterly wind are great driers of the earth.
- (chiefly UK, Canada) Any substance that accelerates drying.
- (chiefly UK, Canada) Catalyst used to promote the drying of paints and varnishes by oxidative crosslinking.
- Alternative spelling of dryer.
dry + -er (“agent suffix”)
dry + -er (“comparative suffix”)