divisible[də viz′ə bəl]
- The definition of divisible is something that can be broken up into pieces.
- Because the number 6 can be broken down into 2x3, the number six is an example of a divisible number.
- A piece of pie that can be cut up into 8 pieces is an example of something that isdivisible.
that can be divided; dividable, esp. without leaving a remainder
Origin of divisibleMiddle English ; from Late Latin divisibilis
Capable of being divided, especially with no remainder: 15 is divisible by 3 and 5.
- di·vis′i·bil′i·ty, di·vis′i·ble·ness
- Any substance that can be divided.