- Indivisible is defined as something unable to be divided into equal parts or split.
- An example of indivisible is a friendship that cannot be broken.
- An example of indivisible is the number 3.
- The definition of an indivisible is anything that cannot be divided into equal parts or split.
An example of an indivisible is the number 13.
- that cannot be divided
- Math. that cannot be divided by a specific number or quantity without leaving a remainder
Origin of indivisibleMiddle English indyvysible ; from Late Latin indivisibilis: see in- and amp; divisible
- Incapable of undergoing division.
- Mathematics Incapable of being divided without a remainder: The number 15 is indivisible by 7.
- in′di·vis′i·ble·ness, in′di·vis′i·bil′i·ty
- That which cannot be divided or split.
- (geometry) An infinitely small quantity which is assumed to admit of no further division.
From Middle French indivisible, from Late Latin indivisibilis