- The definition of a distributor is a person or business who gives out or sells goods or services to customers or other businesses, or a device that sends out electrical currents in the proper order to spark plugs in a gasoline engine.
- An example of a distributor is a person who sells Tupperware home products.
- An example of a distributor is the part in a gas lawnmower that controls the flow of electrical currents to spark plugs.
- ☆ an agent or business firm that distributes goods to consumers or dealers
- ☆ a device for distributing electric current to the spark plugs of a gasoline engine so that they fire in proper order
- distributorship noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- One that distributes, especially a device that applies electric current in proper sequence to the spark plugs of an engine.
- One that markets or sells merchandise, especially a wholesaler.
- dis·tribˈu·tor·shipˌ noun
distributor - Business Definition
- A firm that markets and delivers merchandise to retailers. For example, a company may have the exclusive right to sell and deliver a soft drink to retailers in a specific region.
- A business that buys shares from a mutual fund for resale to investors.