distributor[di strib′yo̵ot ər]
- The definition of a distributor is a person or business who gives out or sells goods or services to customers or other businesses, or a device that sends out electrical currents in the proper order to spark plugs in a gasoline engine.
- An example of a distributor is a person who sells Tupperware home products.
- An example of a distributor is the part in a gas lawnmower that controls the flow of electrical currents to spark plugs.
a person or thing that distributes; specif.,
- ☆ an agent or business firm that distributes goods to consumers or dealers
- ☆ a device for distributing electric current to the spark plugs of a gasoline engine so that they fire in proper order
- One that distributes, especially a device that applies electric current in proper sequence to the spark plugs of an engine.
- One that markets or sells merchandise, especially a wholesaler.
- One who distributes, a thing that distributes.
- In an internal combustion engine, the device that distributes current to the spark plugs.