- an agent or business firm that distributes goods to consumers or dealers
- a device for distributing electric current to the spark plugs of a gasoline engine so that they fire in proper order
- An example of a distributor is a person who sells Tupperware home products.
- An example of a distributor is the part in a gas lawnmower that controls the flow of electrical currents to spark plugs.
The definition of a distributor is a person or business who gives out or sells goods or services to customers or other businesses, or a device that sends out electrical currents in the proper order to spark plugs in a gasoline engine.
a person or thing that distributes; specif.,
- One that distributes, especially a device that applies electric current in proper sequence to the spark plugs of an engine.
- One that markets or sells merchandise, especially a wholesaler.
- One who distributes, a thing that distributes.
- In an internal combustion engine, the device that distributes current to the spark plugs.
- In the halls of the kings the position of each person's bed and seat, and the portion of meat which he was entitled to receive from the distributor, were regulated according to a rigid rule of precedence.
- He was already the grand distributor of ecclesiastical benefices, pending the time when his successors were to confirm the episcopal elections, and his power began to take on a more and more absolute character.
- Because he, too, thought so, and because he recommended John Hughes, a merchant of Philadelphia, for the office of distributor of stamps, Franklin himself was denounced - he was even accused of having planned the Stamp Act - and his family in Philadelphia was in danger of being mobbed.
- In1846-1847he accompanied his father to Ireland as distributor of the Friends' relief fund for the famine in Connemara, and the state of the country made a deep impression on him.
- In the raised position a negative battery is connected to the distributor and in the depressed position a positive battery.