- The definition of disappear is to no longer be able to be seen.
An example of disappear is when someone hides in a dark room.
- To disappear is defined as to no longer exist.
An example of disappear is what happens to an animal that goes extinct.
disappear definition by Webster's New World
- to cease to be seen; go out of sight
- to cease being; go out of existence, use, etc.; become lost or extinct
Origin: Middle English disaperen: see dis- and amp; appear
- disappearance noun
disappear definition by American Heritage Dictionary
verb dis·ap·peared, dis·ap·pear·ing, dis·ap·pears verb, intransitive
- To pass out of sight; vanish.
- To cease to exist.
- disˌap·pearˈance noun