- a section of a hospital or clinic for drug or alcohol detoxification
- Detox is defined as a time when you purify your body of toxins or stop consuming a drug, alcohol or other chemical or substance.
- An example of detox is a rehab clinic where celebrities go to kick their drug addiction.
- An example of detox is the period of withdrawal that you go through as all traces of cocaine leave your system when you have been a regular user and are trying to stop.
- To detox is to purify your body of toxins or to stop consuming a drug, alcohol or other chemical or substance.
An example of detox is when you give up heroin and go through a period of withdrawal as your body deals with no longer being on the drug.
verbde·toxed, de·tox·ing, de·tox·es
To subject (someone or something) to detoxification; detoxify: was taken to the hospital to be detoxed; detoxed their apartment.
To undergo detoxification: checked in to the clinic to detox.
- A facility or a section of a hospital or clinic in which people undergo detoxification from alcohol or drugs.
- A course of treatment involving alcohol or drug detoxification.
- A short-term health regimen involving procedures thought to remove toxins from the body, such as drinking large amounts of liquid, eating a restricted diet or fasting, taking nutritional supplements, and undergoing enemas.
- While many claim detox diets use the natural detoxifying power of everyday foods and beverages to achieve improved health, it's helpful to take a closer look at the detox diets out there in order to separate fact from fiction.
- The reduced calorie intake may also contribute to weight loss while on the detox diet but if you are not exercising and are not consuming protein, this additional weight loss may come from the loss of muscle or fat in your body.
- Without a concerted effort for intervention and detox, the problem will likely worsen over time and lead to strains in relationships, work situations and families, as well as cause permanent internal damage or even death.
- Withdrawal symptoms from Vicodin include muscle or bone pain, vomiting, cold flashes, loss of appetite, insomnia, watery eyes, and runny nose.Once detox has taken place, it is imperative that follow-up treatment occurs.
- In addition to its metabolism-boosting and fat-burning properties, some brands of these supplements also contain toxin releasing properties, acting as a sort of detox for the body, and may even help with constipation.