- Detox is defined as a time when you purify your body of toxins or stop consuming a drug, alcohol or other chemical or substance.
- An example of detox is a rehab clinic where celebrities go to kick their drug addiction.
- An example of detox is the period of withdrawal that you go through as all traces of cocaine leave your system when you have been a regular user and are trying to stop.
- To detox is to purify your body of toxins or to stop consuming a drug, alcohol or other chemical or substance.
An example of detox is when you give up heroin and go through a period of withdrawal as your body deals with no longer being on the drug.
- a section of a hospital or clinic for drug or alcohol detoxification
verbde·toxed, de·tox·ing, de·tox·es
To subject (someone or something) to detoxification; detoxify: was taken to the hospital to be detoxed; detoxed their apartment.
To undergo detoxification: checked in to the clinic to detox.
- A facility or a section of a hospital or clinic in which people undergo detoxification from alcohol or drugs.
- A course of treatment involving alcohol or drug detoxification.
- A short-term health regimen involving procedures thought to remove toxins from the body, such as drinking large amounts of liquid, eating a restricted diet or fasting, taking nutritional supplements, and undergoing enemas.