detox[dē täks′; also, and for n. always, dē′täks′]
- Detox is defined as a time when you purify your body of toxins or stop consuming a drug, alcohol or other chemical or substance.
- An example of detox is a rehab clinic where celebrities go to kick their drug addiction.
- An example of detox is the period of withdrawal that you go through as all traces of cocaine leave your system when you have been a regular user and are trying to stop.
- To detox is to purify your body of toxins or to stop consuming a drug, alcohol or other chemical or substance.
An example of detox is when you give up heroin and go through a period of withdrawal as your body deals with no longer being on the drug.
- a section of a hospital or clinic for drug or alcohol detoxification
transitive verbde·toxed, de·tox·ing, de·tox·es
To subject to detoxification.
- A section of a hospital or clinic in which patients are detoxified.
- A course of treatment involving detoxification.
Origin of detoxShort for detoxify.