- making a beat without recoil: a deadbeat clock escapement
- not oscillating: said of an indicator on a meter, etc.
- ⌂ Informal designating a parent who fails to make court-ordered payments for the support of a child
- a person who tries to evade paying debts
- a lazy, idle person
- One who does not pay one's debts.
- A lazy person; a loafer.
Not fulfilling one's obligations or paying one's debts: a deadbeat dad.
Having an indicator that stops without oscillation.
(comparative more deadbeat, superlative most deadbeat)