copperplate definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a flat piece of copper etched or engraved for printing
- a print made from this
- a printing or engraving process using copperplate
- Calligraphy a graceful style of handwriting, patterned after copperplate etchings
copperplate definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A copper printing plate engraved or etched to form a recessed pattern of the matter to be printed.
- A print or engraving made by using such a plate.