(-s̸hə nəl iz′əm)
- a form of church organization in which each local congregation is self-governing
- the beliefs and practices of a Protestant denomination in which each member church is self-governing: prominent in early New England and later marked by union with other Protestant denominations
See congregationalism in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- A type of church government in which each local congregation is self-governing.
- Congregationalism The system of government and religious beliefs of a Protestant denomination in which each member church is self-governing.
- conˌgre·gaˈtion·al·ist noun
Learn more about congregationalism