(comparative more compatibly, superlative most compatibly)
- In a compatible manner
Variant of compatible
- capable of living together harmoniously or getting along well together (with)
- in agreement; congruent (with)
- that can work well together, get along well together, combine well, etc.: a compatible couple, compatible colors
- that can function or be used together without change or alteration
- that can be mixed without reacting chemically or interfering with one another's action or state: said of drugs, insecticides, etc.
- Bot. that can be cross-fertilized or grafted readily
- Comput. designating or of
- computer components, software, etc. that can be used with a specified computer or computer system: often in hyphenated compounds
- computers or computer systems that can use the same components, software, etc.
Origin of compatibleMiddle English and amp; Medieval Latin compatibilis ; from Ecclesiastical Late Latin compati: see compassion