- The definition of a compatriot is someone who either works with or is from the same place as another.
- A coworker is an example of a compatriot.
- Athletes on the same Olympic team are examples of compatriots.
- a fellow countryman
- a colleague
Origin: French compatriote ; from Late Latin compatriota: see com- and amp; patriot
- compatriotism noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A person from one's own country.
- A colleague.
Origin: French compatriote, from Late Latin compatriōta : Latin com-, com- + Late Latin patriōta, countryman; see patriot.
- com·paˌtri·otˈic adjective