(comparative more incompatibly, superlative most incompatibly)
- In an incompatible manner.
Variant of incompatible
- not compatible; specif.,
- not able to exist in harmony or agreement
- not going, or getting along, well together; incongruous, conflicting, discordant, etc.: often followed by with
- that cannot be held at one time by the same person: said of positions, ranks, etc.
- that cannot both be true at the same time: said of propositions
- not predicable of the same subject without contradiction: said of terms
- Math. logically contradictory: said of equations or other statements
- Med., Pharmacy not suitable for being mixed or used together: said of substances having an undesirable action on each other or, when mixed, on the body
Origin of incompatibleMedieval Latin incompatibilis
an incompatible person or thing: usually used in pl.