communitarian[kə myo̵̅o̅′nə ter′ē ən]
a member or advocate of a communistic or communalist community
A member or supporter of a small cooperative or a collectivist community.
(comparative more communitarian, superlative most communitarian)
- Considering the community to be of central importance
- Prior to the modern age, most human societies were communitarian.
- Of or pertaining to the philosophy of communitarianism
- This book takes a communitarian approach to ethics.
- An adherent of communitarianism
- I'm a libertarian, but John here is a communitarian.