China is a communist country.
Someone who believes in Karl Marx's theory that everything from land to wages should be owned by the whole is an example of a communist.
- an advocate or supporter of communism
- [C-] a member of a Communist Party
- loosely anyone advocating ideas thought of as being leftist or subversive
Origin of communistFrench communiste
- of, characteristic of, or like communism or communists
- advocating or supporting communism
- [C-] of or having to do with a Communist Party
- a. A member of a movement or political party that advocates Communism.b. A supporter of such a party or movement.
- A Communard.
- often communist A radical viewed as a subversive or revolutionary.
- often communist Relating to, characteristic of, or held to resemble communism or Communists.
- communist Supporting, advocating, or serving to further communism: communist propaganda.
- Of, relating to, supporting, or advocating communism.
From French communiste.
- relating to a (nominally) Communist party.