Two comrades having coffee together.
- An example of a comrade is a best friend.
- An example of comrades are two people in the same book club.
The definition of a comrade is a friend or someone who shares interests with another.
- a friend; close companion
- a person who shares interests and activities in common with others; partner; associate: used as a form of address, as in a Communist party
- Informal a Communist; esp., a fellow Communist
Origin of comradeFrench camarade ; from Spanish camarada, chamber mate ; from Classical Latin camera: see camera
- A person who shares one's interests or activities; a friend or companion.
- often Comrade A fellow member of a group, especially a fellow member of the Communist Party.
Origin of comradeFrench camarade, from Old French, roommate, from Old Spanish camarada, barracks company, roommate, from camara, room, from Late Latin camera; see chamber.
- A mate, companion, or associate.
- A companion in battle; fellow soldier.
- A fellow socialist, communist or other very politically leftist person.
- Hello, comrade. Are you going to the CCP meeting?
- A title, functionally similar to "Mr.", "Mrs.", "Miss", "Ms." etc, in left-wing circles.
- Comrade Lenin inspired our people to undertake great works.