- a masculine name
- a feminine name
- A county in the Republic of Ireland
- A town in the county of Cavan, Ireland.
- A surname derived from place names in England and Ireland, and from Old English clæg"clay" as an occupational name for a worker in clay.
- A male given name transferred from the surnames (much less common than the female name).
- A female given name, often spelled Claire in the 20th century.
Medieval English vernacular form of Clara.
(third-person singular simple present 'clares, present participle 'claring, simple past and past participle 'clared)
- Eye dialect spelling of declare, representing African American Vernacular English.