Origin of chiropracticfrom chiro- + Classical Greek praktikos, practical: see practice
the science and art of restoring or maintaining health, practiced by a licensed professional, based on the theory that disease is caused by interference with nerve function, and employing manipulation of the body joints, esp. of the spine, to restore normal nerve function
A system of health care that focuses on disorders of the musculoskeletal system and nervous system and their effects on overall health. The method of treatment usually involves manipulation of the spinal column and other body structures.
Origin of chiropracticchiro- Greek prāktikos practical ; see practical.
From chiro- (“hand”) + practic from Ancient Greek χείρ (kheir, “hand”) + πρακτικός (praktikos, “concerned with action”).
- The list of alternative treatments for carbohydrate intolerance includes aromatherapy, homeopathy, hydrotherapy, juice therapy, acupuncture, chiropractic, osteopathy, naturopathic medicine, and Chinese traditional herbal medicine.
- National University of Health Sciences: This college in Chicago, Illinois has programs including Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, Doctor of Chiropractic Medicine, Acupuncture, Oriental Medicine and more.
- The best option is to look for stress balls through retailers that have events where the balls may be sold or given away as promotional items, such as at day spas, chiropractic offices, or trade shows.
- Some of the alternative treatments that have been used with varying success to treat children with schizophrenia include biofeedback, acupressure, chiropractic work, massage, and herbal drops.
- Laser scalp treatments may be offered at beauty schools and salons, dermatologists, chiropractic offices, hospitals, wellness spas, and sports centers, as well as hair replacement clinics.