of Chaldea or its people, language, or culture
Origin of ChaldeanClassical Latin Chaldaeus from Classical Greek Chaldaios
- a person born or living in Chaldea; member of a Semitic people related to the Babylonians
- the Semitic language of the Chaldeans
Origin of Chaldeanfrom the fact that astrology and magic flourished in ChaldeaRare an astrologer or sorcerer
also Chal·dae·an or Chal·dee
- Of or relating to Chaldea or its people, language, or culture.
- Of or relating to an Eastern Catholic church historically centered in northern Iraq and neighboring regions.
- A member of an ancient Semitic people who ruled in Babylonia.
- An adherent of the Chaldean church.
- See Aramaic.
- A person versed in occult learning.
From Ancient Greek Χαλδαῖος (Khaldaios)