- A prehistoric or primitive human living in caves.
- Informal A man who is crude or ill-mannered, especially toward women.
- An early human or closely related species, popularly held to reside in caves.
- The political cartoon showed the politician as a caveman, clubbing the budget depicted as a mammoth.
- (informal, figuratively, pejorative) A brutish or savage person.
- The football squad was comprised of cavemen who were responsible for trashing many a locker room.
- (informal, figuratively, pejorative) A man with old fashioned or backward opinions, particularly with regard to women.
- Old Sven is a bit of a caveman; he figures giving women the right to vote was a bad idea.
- man cave