Caravan is defined as a group of people or animals traveling together, sometimes for safety.noun
- A pack of camels crossing the desert together is an example of a caravan.
- A group of UN trucks transporting food to remote areas of Sudan are an example of a caravan.
The definition of a caravan is a large covered vehicle.noun
The vehicle used by circuses to transport animals is an example of a caravan.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- a company of travelers, esp. of merchants or pilgrims traveling together for safety, as through a desert
- a number of vehicles traveling together
- a large covered vehicle for passengers, circus animals, gypsies, etc.; van
- Brit. a mobile home or trailer
Origin: Fr caravane < OFr carouan < Pers kārwān, caravan
- caravaner noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A company of travelers journeying together, as across a desert or through hostile territory.
- A single file of vehicles or pack animals.
- A large covered vehicle; a van.
- Chiefly British A trailer or dwelling place on wheels.
Origin: French caravane or Italian carovana, both from Persian kārvān.