- of Canton (China) or its people, language, or culture
- designating or of a tradition of Chinese cuisine originating in the Guangdong province
- pl. -·ese′ a person born or living in Canton, China
- the variety of Chinese spoken in Canton
- A native or inhabitant of Guangzhou (formerly Canton).
- The variety of Chinese spoken in and around Guangzhou.
- Relating to Canton.
- Relating to Cantonese people.
- Relating to Cantonese language.
- Relating to Cantonese food/cuisine.
- (countable) An inhabitant of Canton; a person of Canton descent.
- (uncountable) A Chinese language mainly spoken in the south-eastern part of Mainland China, Guangdong (Canton), Hong Kong, Macau, by the Chinese minorities in Southeast Asia and by many overseas Chinese worldwide.
- (uncountable) A dialect of the Cantonese language, spoken in Guangzhou (Canton), Hong Kong, Macau, and treated as the standard dialect of the Cantonese language
Canton + -ese