- a member of the people originally inhabiting Canaan
- the Semitic language of this people
- a group of ancient Semitic languages including Phoenician, Punic, and Hebrew
- A member of a group of Semitic peoples inhabiting Canaan from late prehistoric times, including the Israelites and Phoenicians.
- In the Bible, a member of any of the Canaanite peoples other than the Israelites.
- a. A subbranch of the Semitic language family including Phoenician, Hebrew, Ammonite, Moabite, and Edomite.b. Any of the Semitic languages spoken by the Canaanites.
Of or relating to ancient Canaan or its people, language, or culture.
(comparative more Canaanite, superlative most Canaanite)
From Canaan + -ite.