- a member of the people originally inhabiting Canaan
- the Semitic language of this people
- a group of ancient Semitic languages including Phoenician, Punic, and Hebrew
- A member of a group of Semitic peoples inhabiting Canaan from late prehistoric times, including the Israelites and Phoenicians.
- In the Bible, a member of any of the Canaanite peoples other than the Israelites.
- a. A subbranch of the Semitic language family including Phoenician, Hebrew, Ammonite, Moabite, and Edomite.b. Any of the Semitic languages spoken by the Canaanites.
(comparative more Canaanite, superlative most Canaanite)
From Canaan + -ite.