- a place where a camp is set up
- a place where a camp meeting or religious revival is held
An area used for setting up a camp or holding a camp meeting.
- I'd planned to wait until Betsy and Molly returned from walking Bumpus but I decided if I had to drive back into downtown Keene, I might as well swing by Wheelock Park Campground as it was on the way, at least sort-of.
- It's the only campground near the town.
- Children from the nearby campground drifted sticks and other small floating matter in the stream.
- I found the campground in Virginia where he stayed.
- While Bird Song waited, Mrs. Worthington, prompted by Fred's phone call, went to the campground to see if she might catch the couple left before they left.