designating a large, widespread family (Ranunculaceae, order Ranunculales) of dicotyledonous flowering plants, including peonies, aconites, and anemones
any of a genus (Ranunculus) of normally yellow-flowered plants of the buttercup family, common in meadows and wet places
Any of numerous herbs of the genus Ranunculus, native chiefly to temperate and cold regions and having acrid juice, often toothed or lobed leaves, and usually yellow or white flowers with numerous pistils.
- Pheasants Eye (Adonis) - Beautiful perennial or biennial plants, belonging to the Buttercup order, chiefly natives of cornfields in Europe and Western Asia, dwarf, with finely-divided leaves, and red or yellow flowers.
- Turban Buttercup (Ranunculus Asiaticus) - An old garden plant, with double flowers of many colors, divided into various sections, such as the Dutch, Scotch, Persian and Turkish, each representing a distinct race.
- Young lovers, Buttercup, a simple peasant girl and Wesley, a poor farm hand, separate so that Wesley may earn his fortune then return to marry his true love.
- You can buy models in this series in onyx black, white, gloss cinnamon, blue willow, buttercup or empire red to coordinate with your kitchen décor.
- The company's color palette ranges from candy pinks, buttercup yellows and girlish greens to daring shades of purple, midnight black and electric blue.