- Gr. Myth. the god of the north wind
- Old Poet. the north wind personified
Origin of BoreasClassical Latin ; from Gr, north wind; uncertain or unknown; perhaps origin, originally , wind from the mountains ; from Indo-European base an unverified form gwer-, mountain from source Old Church Slavonic gora, mountain
- Greek Mythology The god of the north wind.
- boreas The north wind.
Origin of BoreasMiddle English, from Latin Boreas, from Greek, from boreios, coming from the north.
From Ancient Greek Βορέας (Boreās)
- (Greek mythology) The god of the North Wind.
- (poetic) the north wind personified