(plural black beetles)
- Used other than as an idiom: see black, beetle.
- The oriental cockroach, Blatta orientalis (a large roach from the family Blattidae).
- (New Zealand) Platyzosteria novae-zelandiae, a similar roach native to New Zealand.
- A common name for many species of beetle that are black in color, including:
- The African black beetle, Hetronychus arator, a serious pest of grasses in New Zealand.
- The Asiatic rhinoceros beetle, Oryctes rhinoceros, a pest of palm trees in tropical Asia.
- The European species Feronia nigrita.