to cross, or breed (a hybrid) with one of its parents or with a genetic equivalent to such a parent
an instance or result of such a breeding
transitive verbback·crossed, back·cross·ing, back·cross·es
To cross (a hybrid) with one of its parents or with an individual genetically identical to one of its parents.
- The act of making such a cross.
- An individual resulting from such a cross.
(third-person singular simple present backcrosses, present participle backcrossing, simple past and past participle backcrossed)
- The act of such a crossing
- An individual produced by such a crossing
- (juggling) Alternative form of back cross.